U.S. Full Pharmaceutical Search
A specialized search, augmenting the coverage of the U.S. Full Availability Search with additional sources focused on the pharmaceutical industry.
Use the U.S. Full Pharmaceutical Search to:
- Avoid infringement of existing trademarks.
- Support trademark litigation by identifying marks that advance your client's position.
- Assess the strength of a mark for acquisition or licensing purposes.
Choose from two report formats: The U.S. Full Availability Search gives you a choice of two report formats, plus a new Interactive Inbox Report on SAEGIS™ that makes your search report easier to work with.
- By Source: Citations are arranged according to the data source. Within each data source, the citations are assembled according to our proprietary grouping system.
- By Group: Citations are organized into five groups, according to their similarity to the mark being searched, using our proprietary grouping system. Each group contains similar citations across multiple data sources (USPTO, State, etc).
Proprietary grouping system: Our proprietary grouping system that places similar marks together in five groups, gives you the flexibility to view your search report in the way that's best for you.
Report Summary: We provide a summary of all cited marks at the front of your research report, including a Group One summary to help you quickly identify those marks which are the most similar to the mark searched.
Interactive Inbox Report on SAEGIS™: Quickly and easily export citations for use in your documents, saving you time! Build a custom report with those citations you select. Sort citations by owner, class and status, or switch views between "By Group" and "By Source".
Coverage / Sources
The U.S. Full Pharmaceutical Search is a comprehensive search of your proposed trademark:
- USPTO Trademark Records: Active federal trademark applications and registrations filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office since 1884, and expired, canceled or abandoned marks since.
- U.S. State Trademark Records: Our database includes trademark applications and registrations from all 50 U.S. states, plus Puerto Rico and Guam.
- SHEPARD'S Intellectual Property Law Citations: Legal citations pertaining to trademarks involved or cited in court decisions.
- Common Law Trademarks and Tradenames: We search for trademarks that may not be registered, but may be protected under common law rights, including:
- 2.8 million proprietary references
- 23 million product and company names from Gale� databases
- 27 million business names from the Dun & Bradstreet� and American Business Information� databases
- Domain Names: Coverage includes the generic top-level domains .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org, .edu, .net and .gov.
Specialized Pharmaceutical Sources
- Pharma In-Use Database contains information from IMS Health, the world's leading provider of information solutions to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Reports on whether and how trademarks are being used and uncovers competitive information on trademarked and non-trademarked pharmaceutical products in more than 60 countries.
- World Health Organization (WHO) database of all approved stems (approximately 300) from the WHO document The use of common stems in the selection of international nonproprietary names (INN) for pharmaceutical substances.
- United States Adopted Names (USAN) stems not already included in the WHO database.
- Medical abbreviations from Stedman's Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms and Symbols.
- Roman Numerals from 1 through 500 referenced to their Arabic numeral equivalents.
The Thomson & Thomson Difference
- Current and Comprehensive Coverage
- Daily Updates of USPTO Data
- Only T&T corrects errors in USPTO data - our data quality program means our database is even more accurate than the USPTO's own records.
- The industry's most experienced search analysts
- Open late to fit your schedule
- Tailored services to suit unique industry requirements
- Ongoing commitment to meet today's and tomorrow's research needs
- Worldwide online trademark resources
- Innovative new research solutions
- View your search results in the way that's best for you. Fits into your workflow to save you time.
- Enhanced formats and proprietary grouping make it easy and quick to locate citations of interest.
- Report Summary makes it easy to review the report and locate areas of interest at a glance.
- New timesaving features, including the ability to export citations using the Interactive Inbox Report on SAEGIS™.
- International Availability Searches: Prepare to clear your pharmaceutical trademark for use outside the U.S. with these comprehensive searches.
- Identical Screening Searches: Broaden your trademark search by searching internationally - worldwide, by region or by country with WISS/RISS/KISS. Order with your U.S. Full Availability Search and save with special combination rates.
- Post-Search Protection: Guard against new developments between when you search and when you file at the USPTO.